The following list of data will
be shared between two IFDs if properly configured for data sharing:
• Enables the integration of the Caution Alerting System (CAS) to allow a single acknowledgement of any of the Global messages to be removed from both units by acknowledging them on either unit;
• Enables flight plan synchronization, including modification of the flight plan to be reflected on both IFDs (this does allow for flight plan/procedure preview on the second IFD). This requires identical nav databases to be loaded on each IFD;
• Enables stored routes to be synchronized across both IFDs (this does allow for route preview on the second IFD);
• Enables fuel planning (e.g. initial fuel entry) to be synchronized across both IFDs; • Enables user waypoints to be synchronized across both IFDs;
• Enables sensor settings and data (traffic, datalink, lightning, air data, etc) to be shared across both IFDs.
NOTE Full Data Sharing Requires Consistent WAAS For complete data sharing between dual IFDs, both units will need to have the same WAAS antenna configuration – either both are WAAS or both are non-WAAS. If one IFD is set up with a WAAS antenna and one is set up with a non-WAAS antenna, then the FMS-related data (flight plans, waypoints, routes) will not be shared between IFDs.
NOTE Dissimilar Weather & Traffic Source Data Not Shared Dissimilar weather data sources (e.g. GDL-69 data on one IFD and MLB100 data on the other IFD) will not be shared between IFDs. Each IFD will display its own weather data in this case.
The following list of data will never be shared between two IFDs no matter how they are configured:
• IFD page and tab selection;
• Map view, range, declutter, and overlay settings;
• Chart extent box depiction on map;
• Nav Source selection;
• Com/Nav settings (e.g. 8.33 vs 25 kHz spacing);
• Com/Nav frequency selections (therefore no cross-side tuning or display);
• Nav deviation data (therefore no navigation miscompare alerts are provided);
• Local CAS alerts;
• Datablock configuration;
• Local Time Offset;
• Chart displayed;
• Electronic Checklists data and state;
• Calculators and Utilities data.
NOTE Data Sharing Tolerates Inconsistent Databases